Thursday, February 4, 2016

Catch-up

Recap of the week so far...
Sunday- woke up with a sore throat that got slightly better, then worse, then better, then worse
Monday- woke up with a REALLY sore throat and called in sick.  Went to the doctor and the doctor said... I probably had one of the 80% of strep cases caused by a virus and I'd have to tough it out... did a little grocery shopping and got home just in time for the nurse to call me saying the swab test was positive for bacterial strep, so I'd have to go back to New Ulm to pick up my medicine. 
Tuesday- was going to stay home sick again, but school got called off the night before!
Wednesday- started with a two hours late that got extended to all day cancelled! Woohoo! Another day to read and recuperate!  I ended up cleaning my apartment too...
Thursday- normal school day


It seemed like my kids were glad I was back in school... my lesson plans are a mess what with reorganizing things for my sub (Mrs. B was thankfully able to sub on short notice. She knows how the classroom works so I could give her lesson plans over the phone and didn't have to come in to school at all.) and with our two snow days.  Next week is the week before our home basketball tournament, so we have dress up days and it's going to be kind of a crazy week anyway.  That's my last task of the evening, making lesson plans for next week. 


Partway through the morning it began to snow light, fluffy flakes.  My kids, on the 2-day-snow-day high, immediately got excited, "They're gonna call school off!!! Woohoo!"  Trying not to roll my eyes, I tried to calm them down, but they were having none of it. "No Miss H, it's getting bad out there.  They're gonna call it off."  One kid tried to bet me $100, then switched to a stick of gum.  "I bet you a stick of gum we get out of school early today."  ...I took the bet.  He came in from noon recess (over at 12:30), and handed me a stick of gum.  Another win for the teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment