Friday, February 26, 2016

Treat the Teacher

I must've missed the memo, cause today seemed like "Treat the Teacher" Day.  One 6th grader gave me a Kit Kat and a Reese's this morning and another 6th grader brought me a donut!  Not that I'm complaining at all!


All week has been fairly calm, except for today.  They were all over the place!  And everyone must've eaten weird things yesterday... the boys were quite, shall we say, pungent? aromatic? Maybe the girls were too, but the boys were the ones making fusses.


This afternoon we had our first joint bell practice with the 5th grade tone chimes and 6-7th grade hand bells.  Miss N. was there to direct the 5th graders.  And I directed my usual group of 6-7th graders.  I was a little embarrassed at the behavior of my group.  The 5th graders stood quietly waiting to play while my class talked loudly with each other, pushing and arguing and playing their bells when they weren't supposed to, talking in the middle of the song, complaining that their neighbors weren't playing their bells in the right places.  Ugh.  Not fun.  But we sounded good! Aside from the management, it went really well!  I wish we had more room to set up the tables; my kids are squished around the tables and sometimes bump bells because they're not paying attention and get too close.


The championship hockey game was today.  It was a tough match... the final score was 1-0.  The other team's captain was pretty upset about the loss (he was even in tears).  We served the kids ice cream sandwiches afterwards.  Not a bad end to a Friday!  Next week we're scheduling the Teacher vs. 7th grade floor hockey game... dun dun dun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment