Thursday, April 27, 2017

#16

We had quite a time with the cards for Miss W.  I totally spaced on writing one when I got home last night. I didn't remember until this morning, but it was early enough I put my kiddos on it.  Quite a few made one.  They didn't know what her favorite color was, but they all guessed purple.  It's actually blue.  Shucks!  Still, she said she likes purple too.  One girl had to start over three times on the card because she kept spelling words wrong!  They'd gotten stencils from Mrs. E and had fun tracing different things.

Since the spelling errors got in the way of finishing, it made it difficult to have everyone sign the card... the student was working on it in my room during noon recess when Miss W walked in.  Ahh! Quick! Run!  Panicking slightly, she scooped up her supplies and scurried out to the gym.  After it was finished she took it to the 7/8th room to get them to sign it. One of them brought it down to my room so the few working in there could sign it too. And Miss W was standing right there!  Both kids tried to communicate with their eyes like, "Hey! She's standing right there! Don't give it away!!!" But I think they made it worse.  Even so, she didn't say anything (and I'm still not sure if she noticed them or not...).  She was very touched by our cards.  After her 5/6th history lesson today, my kids kind of started clapping (a few of them anyway). A professor from BLC had been observing and she commented later how out of the ordinary that was... my students were so polite and welcoming and caring. She said most other schools/classes aren't like that.  What a nice compliment!

It was too cold to eat lunch outside today. It actually snowed last night.  I had to scrape snow off my car this morning!!! We'll save it for another nicer day.  Tomorrow's balloon activity: go to the MLC play! (Yes, they felt like they were getting gypped since that special activity is already on the calendar).

No comments:

Post a Comment