Thursday, April 20, 2017

Books, Books, Books

After school today we had another teacher meeting to go over talent show ideas for us. I made the playlist last night (probably shouldn't have stayed up so late... but it was fun, so it was worth it). We now have a seven minute conglomeration of songs to do our 'skit' to. But this year it's a secret, so don't tell!

We wrote a note on the board in the office saying "Reminder, NO teacher skit this year." just in case they're curious and peek at our meeting list on the board. We have lots of nosy kids! They keep coming up to teachers asking why we're not doing a skit.  Various answers: the school board won't let us, Miss S doesn't want to do it, we're trying something new, too much work.  I think we've got them all fooled!  

After the planning meeting, we set up for the Scholastic book fair.  It seems like there's less stuff than previous years.  Normally we're creatively stacking books to fit them all on the table, but there is quite a bit of empty space.  Ms. F and Miss S helped set up; the other teachers had other meetings they had to be at (or other things to do).  A few kids had stayed after to catch up on work; they helped set up tables/open boxes/pull things out.  They got bored rather quickly (they're not book-lovers).  Tomorrow is just a preview day. The fair officially opens on Monday.

Right as we were finishing up, the UPS dropped off another box of books... my Scholastic book order! Yay! Even more books to add to my to-read pile.  Again, I wish I could pause time to catch up on my reading.

We popped our first balloon today... tomorrow there is 20 days of school left.  The balloon prize: Miss H brings treats.  It's rather fitting since it's my birthday tomorrow.  I think I'll bake gingersnaps.  I got a bunch of rhubarb over the weekend and made rhubarb sauce last night. I had thought about making rhubarb crisp and sharing that with my students, but only three out of ten students likes rhubarb, so I'll take that as a no.  I guess I'll make it for myself and share it with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment