Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Closet

Miss W had another teacher observe her lesson today. It just so happened to be my favorite education professor from BLC.  It was so good to see her again! She arrived early while the 7/8th graders had study hall and Mystery Class, so we even got to catch up a little.  It was a great end to a "Friday".
One of the 7th graders who likes it quiet when he works had asked to work in the doorway of the closet.  I'd said yes and promptly forgot about him.

Ten minutes later, after Dr. B arrived and I went over to say hi, I realized he had blockaded himself in the closet putting a small folding table across the opening so no one else could get in or out.  She was curious why he was in the closet so I told her the story.  Then she said, "I didn't even notice him there. All of a sudden I heard a cough, looked over, and there was a little head sticking out over the top!"

Our Mystery Classes are coming along.  The 5-6th class is slower than the 7-8th graders.  I need to spend more time with my own class to help them figure out what to search for.  But Mystery Class was not the biggest complaint of the day.  No, the 7-8th graders mostly complained about how difficult their take home animal science test was.  Some said it took them two hours to do!  Well, they didn't take notes in class, so, there you go.  And a lot of them just used their books and not the powerpoints on the website.  Although that's a little of my fault; I told them they could use their resources, but not the internet. Since they have to use the internet to get to the powerpoints...

Well, I'm wrapping things up at school for the week.  Time to head Fulda-way.  I ran errands last night, so all I have to do is pack up my classroom and get in the car.  We are off school until Tuesday!  It will be nice to let everyone have a break from each other (and hopefully get rid of these yucky germs still going around).

No comments:

Post a Comment