Friday, April 21, 2017

Birthday

Having a birthday on a school day as a teacher is always interesting.  Are the kids going to remember? Will they make a fuss? Or will it just be like any other day?

While our classroom routine was mostly normal, enough 'birthday' things happened to make this day not ordinary.  My desk featured a bunch of Almond Joy candy bars arranged in 27! (from Mr. D), the E's gave me flowers and a balloon and a card to Barnes and Nobles.  The 3rd and 4th grade girls serenaded me before the bell rang this morning. Then the kindergartners sang to me right after our class devotions. My class pretended that they would sing to me, but I waved them off (I think they were sick of the 'happy birthday' song at that point).  One of my students made me a card at her card-making class and a kindergartner gave me a hand-made card later that day in the hallway.  And everyone liked my gingersnaps!  All in all, it was a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment