Tuesday, April 11, 2017

All for Literacy

Kids finally remembered to bring their money in for special activities today. I had three 3/4th grade girls eating in my classroom, and four of five boys ate in Mr. D's room with four more 7th grade boys.  A few kids wore pjs today and a bunch said they plan to do it tomorrow as well.  One 5th grader said she planned to wear pjs tomorrow and then said, "You should too Miss H!" Uh, most likely not.  Hopefully we can keep up the momentum!

I had a phone chat with the Scholastic consultant today after school and we talked more about the online book fair and All for Literacy (raising money for books).  Book fair stuff is mostly what I've been working on since school got out.

It's hard to believe tomorrow is the last day of school this week!  I'm trying to decide if I should run my errands tonight still or if I should wait until tomorrow and do them before I head to Fulda for the long weekend.  There's weather spotting training in Worthington tomorrow night, so I do have a bit of a time crunch.  But maybe that would give me added incentive to pack up at school quickly... Hmm... I have one book due at the library this week and I'm just about finished with it. So if I read it over supper, I could possibly finish in time to get it back to the library tonight before it closes.  Well, I guess we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment