Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Malaysia

Pen pal letters came today, all the way from Malaysia!  The teacher made each person in our class a bookmark with his/her name written in calligraphy.  She wrote me a letter and every person in my class got a letter too!  Some even got two letters.  My students devoured the letters. They wouldn't stop reading.  It was amazing.  Some started writing back right away.  Since their letters to us were so fancy (some drew pictures, some used fancy paper, everyone had neat handwriting), we have to step up our game.  We got stationary from the office and I know at least one person is making a fancy envelope. Others drew some pictures or included a school photo.  Sigh, if only it weren't the end of the school year... then we could exchange more letters!  Hopefully we'll be able to connect with them next year too.

I forgot my water bottle at home today. I packed everything else in my teacher bag, but not that.  I automatically reached for it once I got to school and thought, "Oh no!"  I didn't realize how much water I drink during the day!  Thankfully I had a water bottle in my car, but it's a smaller one and it was empty before 3:30 (and I didn't feel like going all the way into the hallway to refill it).  I'll be sure to remember it tomorrow!

Before Easter break I thought my to-do list was pretty short, I wouldn't have to do too much over break, so it took it easy.  It was a very relaxing break!  But then I came back to school and... yeah, I should've tried to get a few more things accomplished.  I had lesson plans from my student teacher to look over (she sent them to me on Monday), a class website to update, Scholastic book fair stuff to do, posters to put up, books to catalog, balloons to hang from the ceiling, talent show ideas to come up with, STEAM night ideas to come up with, field trip forms to print off... sigh, I'm feeling time crunched again.  But in my defense it's mostly stuff I need internet for/is easier to do at school.  I think I've hit my maximum potential for today; it's time to go home.  I called the library and they have a wi-fi box still there. If no one gets there before me, I think I'll check it out to see if I'll be more productive at home, or at least cross a few more things off the to-do list before tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment