Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Sickly

About half my class felt sickly right before lunch, right in the middle of program practice. I'm not sure what set them off, but they all of a sudden got a headache and their tummies hurt. They didn't look so good either. Once we got back to school, one of their classmates took their temperatures and they all came back normal. They all ate lunch and then laid down in the reading corner for a nap during noon recess (Mr. E kindly watched everyone at recess so I could supervise the nappers). None of them went home though! After returning from math, they were mostly back to normal.

I didn't think I had a ton to do at school today, but I guess I ended up staying pretty late. I had been planning to go to Advent services with my farmer, but he's still feeling sickly and told me to stay put again. So I'll go to Redeemer tonight. It's their Christmas service, so I'll get to see my kiddos who attend that church say their parts.

Since I'd be going to New Ulm, I tracked down the library books that should be returned before break. I found all of them except one... it was nowhere to be found! I even had some students help me look and they couldn't find it. It helped organize my picture book area, but we came up with nothing. Then, I happened to check my phone and found that another teacher had left a message asking if he could keep the missing book for another day! I forgot I had loaned it to him earlier this week! Oops... Well, the mystery has been solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment