Monday, December 11, 2017

Snowmen

I've been on a mission lately to find plain white socks with no other colors on them. They're nearly impossible to find! All the socks I found at Walmart had gray heels and toes or were mostly white except colorful writing across the toe parts. Tonight I stopped by Dollar General, hoping they'd have what I needed. Whew! They did! Having 11 kids in my class is almost the perfect number. I got six pairs of socks, one sock for each kid plus one for me to do as an example.

We're turning the socks into snowmen. I found styrofoam balls this weekend, we'll use a roll of toilet paper for the body (on sale this week at Cash Wise!), and color toothpicks/glue on buttons/tie leftover fleece for a scarf. Presents for parents.

I was impressed with the 5th grade problem solving skills today. The 7/8th graders were gumming up the works when the 5th graders came back at 1:00 to bring the bells down from our room to Miss S's. The older kids were sprawled around the computers working on a powerpoint, but they sat too close to the table for the girls to get the cases through. One lifted hers over the table. She had a little one so it wasn't too bad to lift. The other ones had larger cases though, and didn't think that would work. One girl said, "Here, shove them under the table!" She was tiny enough to squeeze past and the case was short enough to slide under the table right to the door. Perfect.

My old couch was reunited with its twin this weekend. My farmer helped me move it to my friend's apartment and she was very excited to get a larger couch for her to stretch out on. Now I have space in my living room again! Time to put up the Christmas tree... After running errands after school tonight I didn't have much time, so the tree is still in the box. Maybe tomorrow night my apartment will become more festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment