Thursday, December 14, 2017

Singing

Our first program practice over at church went well! My favorite part was the 3rd and 4th grade girls (the shy ones) singing their little hearts out in the front row. They were loud enough I could hear them and they sounded good! There wasn't a whole lot of silly business and people said their parts loud and clear.

There's a wedding in church on Saturday, so we couldn't set the risers up. We'll wait until after church on Sunday to do that. So everyone had to stand or sit on the floor for practice today (and tomorrow too). There are still a few kinks we can't work out until the risers are up. Mary and Joseph don't know how much room they'll have with the manger. The shepherds and angels aren't quite sure where to go for their parts. They move during one of the songs while they say their parts, which could be a challenge. I'm still working out the ideas in my head about that.

I was really crabby today, probably from stress with the Christmas program. When we went over to set up bells, everyone was running in church, not standing where they were supposed to, totally ignoring the fact that they were supposed to be setting up tables, etc. Then they were giggling/laughing at each other. Sigh, I'm glad tomorrow is Friday.

The bulletins are printed and kids have started coloring the covers. However, after school, we found out that Joseph's name is wrong in the bulletin. For some reason, I thought a totally different kid was Joseph this year. Nope. It's someone else. No one else caught the mistake. Too late to reprint. We'll have Pastor make an announcement and/or fix it on the screen. Such is life.

My kids had more fun with hot glue today. I don't even know what all they're doing back there at the lab table, but it's definitely messier today than it was yesterday. Two kids burned themselves on the glue. We eventually brought the whole bottle of aloe vera gel into our room so they could keep applying it without disturbing the piano players in the office.

I'm worried about everyone saying their memory work on time tomorrow. There are a lot of unsaid verses this week! I was worried about spelling too, but the slowpokes eventually got theirs done. One girl totally lost her spelling pages for this week (not one of the pokey ones). She remembers stapling it, and thought she had handed it in, but it was not in my stack. It wasn't in her mailbox either and it wasn't in her desk or crate. So we don't know what happened to it. She made a new copy and stayed in from recess to get it done. I wonder where it ended up...

1 comment:

  1. Hello Emyrose. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, I am also glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in books and teaching to the kids. I enjoyed your blog post on singing,. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs in t his great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. Iam sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. Wishing you a blessed and a joyous Christmas season and a bright and a Christ centered New year 2018

    ReplyDelete