Monday, January 7, 2019

Piles of Boxes

Last Friday at the end of the day a van backed up to the main doors at school and a man unloaded box after cardboard box into the school (with the help of the 7-8th graders). My students and I tried to figure out who he was and what he was doing. There were no markings on the van; it was just a regular minivan. The man himself had the look of a teacher about him. I was kind of right. A nearby Christian book store went out of business with lots of merchandise left over. The man split the inventory among area Christian schools and we were one of them!

This morning the office table was jam-packed with boxes and boxes of Bible themed items for teachers to take. It was hard to get a good look at everything, so today during my prep time I took everything out of their little boxes and arranged them on the table so they are easier to see. I found a few good things to bring home and a bunch of things for the prize box. I don't want to clean off the whole table though, so I'm giving everyone else a chance and then I'll go through again more thoroughly for items 5-6th graders might want as prizes.

It's cool to see what's all in the boxes. Some are going over to church; those are the ones with candles and baptismal certificates, etc. I have no idea what we're going to do with it all! Hopefully now that it's all spread out, people will take more things.

No comments:

Post a Comment