Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Mulch

4H and county fairs are on my mind, and not just because it's judging season... 

We finally finished our fruit tree mulch project. Whew! Cedar was the mulch of choice and the smell of it reminds me of the cattle barns at the county fair. Every wagon load brought me back to my 4H days. 

Here's our finished berry patch. We snugged up the white fence against the edge of the mulch so we won't have to mow inside the fence.

The mulberry area took longer than I expected... It's bigger than it looks! G weed whipped everything while I broke apart cardboard boxes. Then he laid them down. 

Once everything was in place, G filled our wagon with mulch, dumped it inside the deer fence, and I spread it on the cardboard. It was a good system. 

The pile of mulch dwindled quickly; both of us wondered if we'd have enough to fill the area. But we did! 





No comments:

Post a Comment