Sunday, July 28, 2024

Pants

I've had most of my chores pants for over a decade. Didn't have much call to use them in teacher mode! Gardening and goats have been pretty tough on them though... Most of mine need patching, all in the same area! It seemed like a strange place: the upper right thigh. I realized later that I often rest my hand/fist on my leg in that place while driving. It must wear the fabric out.

G's shorts are worn to shreds. I've already fixed them once, and now they've upgraded to patch-level fixing. 

He has a pair of pants that shrunk in the wash, so I cut that up for patch material.

Boy it's hard to sew the patches in the leg! Not much room to maneuver.


The ones with holes near the hem aren't too bad. Lots of room there. 

My machine is the one I learned to sew on back in my childhood. It's pretty clunky and doesn't work well. My mom found out and sent a better machine she doesn't have need of anymore, so now the mending should go much better! 

Now I need a not-great-for-working-outside day to do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment