My favorite way to make applesauce these days...
A five gallon pail of apples fits in one roaster. I used a hand held apple slicer to quickly cut them into smaller pieces. I don't need to peel or core them because I have a food strainer that filters all of that out.
I left them in the roaster at 250° pretty much all day. This temp required little stirring. I stirred it when I thought about it, but it wasn't hot enough to burn the apples if I left it too long.
Normally I like to run the apples through the food strainer right away after cooking, but it was bedtime so I let it cool down overnight and ran it through in the morning. Doing an entire roaster full of applesauce takes a while!
Here's my setup:
My plan for the applesauce is to eat some fresh, make more fruit roll-ups since those are Jaron's current favorite snack, and try freeze drying some applesauce bites. Stay tuned for the applesauce bite experiment!


No comments:
Post a Comment