Monday, October 5, 2026

Tomato Basil Soup Upgrade

Remember that failure of a soup I made about a month ago? The tomato basil goat milk soup that split and wasn't tomatoey enough? 

I had frozen the leftovers, thinking I'd make a pasta sauce sometime. Today was that day. 

It was so liquidy, I knew it needed to be reduced by quite a bit. Therefore, frying pan for more surface area. 

I thought about cooking noodles directly in the sauce to try to soak up some moisture, but I wanted to use rice noodles, and because they don't have the starch regular noodles have, they could turn soggy and gelatinous instead of a nice firm texture. (Thank you AI for the information). 

So the noodles cooked separately. 

The sauce took a long time to reduce, as I suspected. I added some tomato peel powder to thicken it, more salt, and a splash of lemon juice. 

Noodles added once cooked, and voila. 


It would've tasted nice with chicken, but I didn't have any around (besides our live ones outside 😅), so I served it with ground walnuts on top. Wow, did that elevate the flavor! 

Not a bad meal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment