Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Fast Food

My cookbook sharing friend let me flip through a few of her current cookbook finds the other day. "What to cook when you don't feel like cooking" was the theme. The cookbook was neat because it had recipes organized by time needed to cook. 

This one caught my eye because we have a bag of tator tots in the freezer (leftover from tator tot hotdish). 


It was super easy and only used one pan, so cleanup was a breeze. 

I used freeze dried peppers instead of fresh, and they seemed to rehydrate okay. 

I left it sit in the cast iron too long after cooking... It didn't stick, but the moisture reacted with the metal and gave it a slight metallic taste. At least for my taste. That's happened with other foods too (that have sat too long and are acidic). G hasn't noticed, so maybe I'm just sensitive. 😅 

Definitely a recipe I'd make again!

No comments:

Post a Comment