Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Dropping Like Flies

Chapel was at school today since it was so cold.  During the Lord's Prayer one of my students said the words in different accents.  I think she changed accents every line or so.


One of my students went home before lunch.  His mom accidentally gave him the wrong medication this morning so he got really drowsy and almost fell asleep in class.  Then another one went down at noon recess.  He was playing hockey and slipped and hit his head.  His classmates asked him the usual questions: How old are you, how many fingers am I holding up, how many brothers and sisters do you have?  He could answer the first two questions, but not the last one.  So they brought him over to me and I asked him all those questions again.  He rattled off his address like nothing was wrong, but then had to think what his mom and dad's names were and the number of siblings he had.  So we called his mom and he went home early.


It was a very quiet afternoon.


Pastor and his wife came to drop off an extra bookshelf they're getting rid of.  Currently I have enough space for our class library, so I'm going to use it at home for all the stacks of books I have lying around.


Now I'm waiting for the PTL meeting to commence.  I was going to go home and eat beforehand, but I finished my lessons at 5:00.  Not quite enough time to go home/eat/come back before six.  I have some granola bars stashed in my car for such situations, so I'll just eat some of those before pottery. 


In the meantime, I think I'll write some of my NaNo words while I wait for the meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment