Tuesday, November 25, 2014

54,693

That's the grand total of words my students wrote during November for their National Novel Writing Month stories.  The goal I set for them was 2,000, and only one student hasn't met it yet (he's going to work on it over Thanksgiving break).  At least two other students wanted me to save their stories on a flash drive so they could do it at home too.  Woot woot!  Teacher victory dance! 


I figured out the average for my 13 students: 4,200.  Most wrote between 2,000-3,000 words in 16 days.  Granted, a few of them took it home to work on it, but the majority of the writing was done at school.  My top writer is at 15,000 and still going strong. 


The other exciting event of the day was getting the sound system installed at school in the gym.  We weren't allowed to have recess in the gym while he was working, but he finished right before noon recess, so the 5-8th graders could stay inside for recess.  And of course we tested the sound system out.  One of the 8th graders grabbed her phone and picked music for us to listen to.  Our classroom iPad even plugs into the sound system with the right cord!  Basketball practice just got a whole lot cooler.


Well, I'm going to keep this short since I'm heading down to Fulda tonight for Thanksgiving break.  No school the rest of the week!  I do need to stop at the library in New Ulm before I take off.  I was just going to skip a week, but one of my books won't renew and I have some holds that came in...

No comments:

Post a Comment