Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Sore Throat

I got a sore throat late Saturday night and its come and gone for the past two days.  Today it's been feeling a little worse, but that could be because I'm using my voice more.  Hopefully it gets better on its own... lots of water and tea with honey!


NaNoWriMo has gotten off to a great start!  My kids are so excited to tell me how many words they've been writing.  Some are already up to 700 (they did start last week).  My mom helped me make a chart for them to record how many words they've written.  Their goal is to write 2,000 words, and the chart goes up to 2,750 for my students who want to go above and beyond.  I think we're going to be off the chart before the end of the month!


Our new student started at ILS today.  I think he's getting along fine.  One of the 6th grade girls kept coming up to him saying "hi".  That kind of freaked him out.  He seemed to fit in with the routine okay.


The most dramatic part of the day was trying to get grades out.  I had emailed all the 8th graders grades for my classes yesterday morning, but Mr. E never got the email.  He had put all the grades for my class in my mailbox at school, which of course I didn't check since I wasn't at school at all yesterday.  This morning when I checked my mailbox, there were only math grades for three of my 12 students; all the rest of them owed an assignment to Mr. E.  Lovely.  How am I supposed to get grades out today if my students haven't handed everything in! 


At lunch time, a few of the 8th grade girls asked why their science grades were so low.  When we got inside, I checked and realized I had accidentally entered the grade for their last science test as points instead of percent.  So if someone got a 38/40 on the test, the computer would read it as 38% on the test.  Oops.  And Mr. E had already written in these grades on their report card.  I got it fixed though, and he corrected the grades on his report cards, so we should be good now. 




After school, Mrs. E and I met to go over the Christmas program.  We figured out the songs we'll be singing/where they go in the program.  I'm in charge of the words, aka- assigning speaking roles to everyone.  And I suppose I should make sure they actually learn their parts and sound good speaking them. 


I had one Parent Teacher Conference today.  It went well.  Not too much to say to this parent.  Hopefully the other conferences go just as smoothly. 


Now I'm going to vote and then go home to relax and write my NaNo words for today!  Maybe I'll get caught up.  I'm supposed to be at 6,667, but I only have 4,000.  Lots of words to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment