Monday, November 24, 2014

Itchy

Our classroom was down a couple students today, but not down in noise level.  One was home sick and another left early to go to a funeral.  Everybody was still wound up.  The wind has been howling around our classroom and it's been snowing pretty steadily since lunchtime. 


Pastor came this morning to talk to our class about stewardship.  My students liked reading the bible story about the rich man who gave away his talents to his workers.  They're very interested in the Young Investors Program and some even wanted to fill up a $25 card today!  Mrs. B said they should wait and talk with their parents first.


My kids have been making paper snowflakes during read aloud to hang around the classroom.  Not many have been hung up yet, but it's already starting to look festive.


Christmas Program read-through Day 1 went pretty well today. I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to do other than direct people when to say their parts... maybe some great revelation will come to me.


The 8th graders are working at Pizza Ranch tonight in Mankato, so I'm going out for supper!  I'm meeting up with the preschool teacher and the 1st and 2nd grade teacher so I don't have to sit by myself.  Then I'm heading over to BLC to meet the bell director to give me some pointers about teaching hand bells. 


One last bit of good NaNo news: I'm at 51,000 in my story! Woohoo!  But I still have a ways to go before the story is finished.  Will I finish the story before December?  Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment