Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Camp

The lost papers have been found! I had a huge pile to correct last night, and as I pulled the other papers from my teacher bag, the edge of my planner fell open and I noticed my missing papers! I had tucked them inside so they wouldn't get lost...

Once again, I have a huge pile to correct tonight; I had everything be due before we leave for Camp Omega.  Most everything is handed in (I think), although there are still a few outstanding papers.  Must be done before we leave!  While we're gone, the 7th and 8th graders get a work day on their South America projects. They were all surprised the projects are due next Tuesday... I told them they'd be due either the first or second week of November!

Camp is all my kiddos have been able to talk about all week.  What to bring, what they'll do, who they'll ride with.  And we can't forget the weather either!  The weather for Camp Omega is going to be super nice.  No rain is in the forecast.  No terribly cold weather either.  But still cold enough to need layers.  Hmm, what to pack?

And now for a non-camp related story... Today I wore a long, metal chain necklace with a pendant on the end. The interactive board has "pens" with magnets in them so they stick to the board.  As I gestured with the pen, it stuck to my necklace.  I was so surprised, I said something about it to my students.  Not everyone had seen it, and those who hadn't wanted a demonstration.  So I stuck the pen back on my necklace and let go, letting the pen dangle there.  "Wow! That's cool!" were the general responses.  I thought about keeping it there all day, but decided that would be weird... who knows what the 7th and 8th graders would say!

No comments:

Post a Comment