Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Guatemala

Pastor's chapel today was about his trip to Guatemala.  He and some other gentlemen in this area (one more guy from our church and a bunch from other churches in the district) went down there for about a week to scope out whether we'd like to sponsor a church down there.  It made me miss El Salvador!  Since the countries are next door neighbors, it's no surprise that the cultures are similar.  Happy people in very poor conditions.  Although I think El Salvador is slightly better off than Guatemala (just based on Pastor's stories).  He's going to show pictures and tell more in church this Sunday.  We also have our quarterly meeting, so I should probably be around for that.

Today's the last day of school this week! We have the Lutheran Educator's Conference tomorrow in Mankato.  After that, I'm Fulda bound!  My siblings and I never made it to the corn maze... hopefully we'll be able to check it out this weekend.  There's also the $2 bag sale at the Martin Luther Rummage Sale.  Gotta stock up on art supplies and cool stuff for my classroom! Hopefully there's a good selection of books.  And my prize box can always use donations.

Tonight instead of ladies' bible study, there's a bonfire at the parsonage.  It's pretty crisp outside right now; I'll need to bring a heavier jacket! I think I have just enough time to go home, change, and eat supper.  After the bonfire, I'll most likely curl up with a good book and pack for this weekend.  Tomorrow's conference starts at nine, so I'll have a little more time than usual in the morning.  Hopefully I can get all (oh who am I kidding? MOST) of my school work done so I don't have to think about it for the rest of the weekend.  The past two weeks have been crazy so a little rest and relaxation is just what's needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment