Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Lost Papers

Grr... I'm kind of frustrated at the moment. I lost some papers I needed to grade! Last week, before MEA, papers to be corrected were strewn all over my desk.  I thought I had gathered them all up and clipped them together to bring home with me, but I'm missing the little half sheet of paper with my students' reading grades!

I remember setting the pile on top of my calendar so I wouldn't lose them. I debated whether I should bring them with me or not; since they're pretty easy to grade maybe they could wait.  But I think my final decision was to bring them with me.  And now I can't find them anywhere! Maybe I should check my apartment more thoroughly.  Unless somehow they're still in Fulda somewhere!  Grr... I know I never corrected them because they're not in the grade book. And I never handed them back to the kids... so where are they???  I suppose I can go back through my meeting binder and re-grade them for that week. But that's a lot of extra work that could be avoided if I could only remember what happened to them...

We learned more about pH today.  I pulled out the litmus paper and we tested some liquids. Water in Joe's spray bottle tested at a pH of 6.  The fermentation bag (another experiment of crushed cereal, warm water, and yeast) tested at a 5.  Interesting.  Now they have all sorts of other liquids they want to test.  Good thing that's our next lab!  Their assignment is to bring in at least one liquid by next Tuesday so we can test if it's an acid or a base.

We almost have the silent auction wrapped up.  Three people still need to pick their stuff up and pay for their items.  I emailed them all, so hopefully they get back to me soon!

It's looking pretty dreary outside right now, and not just because the sun's going down.  It was supposed to rain on and off all day, but it only rained for a little bit this morning before lunch.  But a thunderstorm is supposed to come tonight!  By Thursday, the weather will be nice and sunny.  Perfect for our trip to Camp Omega!  The forecast for Courtland on Friday says we might get up to 70 degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment