Monday, October 10, 2016

Lice

Don't worry! We don't have lice at ILS.  No, it's a school we're playing this Thursday for soccer and volleyball...

How my kids found out, I have no idea, but it caused all of them to freak out thinking that they're going to get lice by playing that school.  "But Miss H! What happens when we have to shake hands with them? What if the ball hits someone on the head???!!!!"

So I did research.  Lice can only be spread by head-to-head contact, and very rarely by sharing things like combs or hats or hair bands, etc.  Once lice have a nice home, they don't like to leave.  So my kids have nothing to worry about.

Today was a brain-drainer.  My mind is mush.  I felt that way after school, but still had to coach volleyball practice.  Then I had to watch training videos for this new kind of testing we're doing this year (instead of IOWA tests).  I watched the wrong videos. :(  But Mr. E showed me one of the videos on his computer and said the math video is basically the same, so I think I'll be okay.

Sigh. It's past time to go home.  I have everything finished that I absolutely need to at school.  Still have some grading to do for midterms, but I think that can be done at home. I'll just put grades in tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment