Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Volleyball

Another post that's somewhat rushed... we have a game in Gaylord tonight at 4:00, meaning we have to leave school in 15 minutes.  So I have to get all my school stuff accomplished before then so I don't have to come back and work after the game!

The detour is still on; we have to backtrack through Courtland to get to their school.  It doesn't add too much time to the trip.  I was hoping I wouldn't have to give girls rides home; that would shave some time off my trip.  But a mom is sick, so now I have to give her daughter a ride there and back.  She was going to bring some other girls there too, so now I have a full car!  The four girls are in their uniforms buzzing around my room.  They kept trying to talk to me until I said, "If I can't get my work done before we leave, we'll be late to the game!" Now they're playing with Joe in the Reading Corner.

The most interesting part of the day was in English. We started doing prep work for our NaNoWriMo stories.  Today's topic was main characters.  We worked together to make a main character for me to write about (a class story).  It ended up being a boy dog owned by a scientist who can talk through a collar the scientist made for him.  The scientist is going to disappear one day and the dog is going to try to rescue him.  I'll keep you posted as more details about our story come to light.  There was much discussion on what kind of dog the dog should be. Most wanted a German Shepherd, but I'm not a huge fan of them, so I picked a Golden Retriever.  Now to come up with a name...

No comments:

Post a Comment