Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Christmas Presents

Only two kids are not to their goals yet! And both of them are above 95% finished.  Hopefully they write tonight!  The kid who was sick yesterday did write a little at home.  I typed for him this morning until he had 20 words to go, then I made him type so he could get that sense of accomplishment in typing the final words.  He was excited.

I myself have finished my book... I ended my story at 30,911 words, 911 over my goal.  My students were impressed I wrote 3,000 words last night.  I really wanted to finish the story!  Now I have time to catch up on things... like doing dishes, and reading, and making Christmas presents.

Speaking of Christmas presents... over Thanksgiving break I learned how to make those yarn-covered metal hangers.  Perhaps a good parent Christmas present? I also have a big block of white candle wax in one of the cupboards at school.  Decorative candles as a present?  I had my students vote and 9/10 picked the candle.  The one boy who voted for the hanger said that his grandma has a ton of them so he thought she would like one.  I told him he could bring in metal hangers and I'd teach him how to do it.  So far he hasn't taken me up on the offer.

So we're going to make candles for Christmas.  Mrs. B has baby food jars we can have.  I just need to buy some fragrances and wicks.  Otherwise I have fabric paint (to decorate the outsides), food coloring, and wax.  Mrs. B was wondering if the wax was the right kind to make candles, so I checked today and the wax I have is labeled candle wax. We should be good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment