Wednesday, November 9, 2016

South America Speaker

Our guest speaker for South America was a little late today.  I had just pulled up a blank map on the board so we could practice the countries of South America for our map test tomorrow, when she came into our room.  So no practice time.

She was really good! Very personable, she's originally from Colorado, and is a junior at MLC going for a Spanish education major.  She taught for a year in Peru and also has spent time in Chile.  She showed us lots of pictures of her time in Peru; she traveled extensively and had many pictures of those tourist destinations.  Some of them were even places I'd already taught my kids about! The best part is, they recognized some of the locations!

The kids were so impressed they were gushing about the speaker when they went back to Mr. E's room.  He was so impressed by their being impressed, that he came to our room to tell the speaker how much his kids enjoyed her talk.

Unfortunately, she couldn't stay to talk to my class.  But she did leave her presentation up so I could go through it with the 5th and 6th graders.  She might come back another day to teach us about Chile.

We had PTL tonight.  It's finally over and I'm headed home! Tonight's late night makes up for tomorrow's early departure.  I'm having a LuLaRoe party at 4:30 tomorrow, so I need to leave school earlier than normal so I can get home and get things ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment