Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Rainy Day Blues

Another antsy day for both my class and me.  To top it off, it rained all day and the temp is hovering at the 34 degree mark.

We had a mixed up morning because of the CropLife speaker who came.  He wanted to do his presentation for both the 7th/8th graders and 5th/6th graders, so Mr. E and I had to do some schedule finagling so the speaker didn't have to hang out at school doing nothing for too long.

Our guy works for Bayer CropScience and is from Tennessee, but he travels all over for his job.  He has been to all 50 states and quite a few countries too.  He was pretty interesting! He showed us pictures of different (nontraditional) crops and had us guess what they were.  We also got to see some videos of drones, how a planter works, and a new driverless tractor Case is coming out with.  You can run it with a program on your iPad, and it will send you alerts if something is wrong... I don't know if I'd trust a tractor to work all by itself.  But the video makes it look pretty cool!  Check it out here.

The 7th and 8th graders didn't have as many questions as the 5th and 6th graders, but they were still a respectful audience.  After his presentation was over, we took our spelling tests and then had recess until lunch time.  My 5th and 6th graders had math in the morning and then we did Daily 5 in the afternoon.  For some reason, the internet was super slow, which made NaNo writing more complicated.  Not many words were written today.  Everyone else was hard to settle and kept distracting each other.  I had a headache, so I kind of felt like punting the afternoon.  However, we did make it through our Daily 5 choices, I got the book orders ordered, and we finished the day with Christmas Program Practice.  That went well; we even had time to start learning one of the songs.

Now I'm all packed up, ready to go... all I have to do is feed Joe.  Then on to Thanksgiving break!

No comments:

Post a Comment