Friday, November 4, 2016

Fall Carnival

Today's carnival was a success! Everyone had fun and much candy was dispersed.

Lots of the younger grades wore costumes today, plus a bunch of teachers. Miss S tried to be Ms. Frizzle, but her dress was solid green and she had a scarf with it, so her kiddos thought she was Disgust from the movie Inside Out.  I went as Fern from Charlotte's Web; I wore a blue plaid button-up shirt, jeans, cowboy boots, my hair in braids, and carried a stuffed animal pig.  The 6th grade girls had brought fake clip-on spiders for their musical chair station, and they said I should borrow one to be Charlotte.  So I did! I clipped it right to my shirt.  That really helped sell the outfit.  I had the face painters paint me some freckles so I'd look even more like her.  Mr. D went as a "Ceiling Fan".  He wore sunglasses and carried around a camera (or maybe that was just to take pictures for the yearbook...) and a sign that said "Ceilings are the best! Go Ceilings! You rock!"  Get it? A fan of ceilings?  Mrs. E was gone today and her sub got the memo too late, so no costume there.

Her substitute was actually Miss N from last year! Her parents' church has their annual lutefisk dinner this weekend (another reason she was up in our area). All the lower grades were super excited to see her again.  It was good catching up with her during the fall carnival.

It is such a beautiful day outside.  I have everything packed up from school and my car is loaded with things I need this weekend... heading to Fulda! We get an extra day off because it's the end of the quarter.  I plan to get my grades done and do a lot of reading, writing, and baking!  My NaNo story is at 4700 words, so I'm a bit ahead.  I'm hoping to get even further ahead because next week will be a busy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment