Monday, May 8, 2017

#10

Today's balloon prize was to make a special mother's day project.  Our mother's day projects are... interesting.  They're making a vase with stick/paper flowers held in place by small rocks at the bottom of the jar.  I kind of turned them loose on the project; I gave them each a mason jar, had ribbons and glitter glue set out, and plugged in the hot glue guns. But first I had to find the glue guns. The box of hot glue sticks was in the office, but none of the glue guns were in the box! We asked other teachers until we scrounged up a few.  Still, I don't know where they went!

Most of them had trouble keeping the glitter glue stuck on the jars. It didn't dry fast enough and slid down the sides. At least three of them wiped off what they had and started over.  One girl asked to use glitter on hers.  Ugh, glitter.  Since she's responsible, I dug it out of the closet.  But one person turned into two people and pretty soon there was a glitter explosion over the table.  Most of it is cleaned up, but of course glitter is never truly 'cleaned up'.  A few stray pieces are always lurking...

Now my school email is acting up.  I tried scanning the track/field day note to myself, but the email didn't go through.  Grr... And now I can't send any emails either...

Well, I think it's time to go home. I've been futzing around school long enough for one day.  Time to run errands and get groceries!  I need to remember to buy sack-lunch-ish type things for the many field trips we have coming up.  Tomorrow is our first (and also the balloon prize of the day): visit the Jeffers Petroglyphs and Heintz Farms. Sounds like good weather and nice temperatures are in the forecast.  The kids are super excited for bale tag and playing with the kitties. But mostly bale tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment