Tuesday, May 2, 2017

#13

Not much to report today. It was sunny so we went outside for recess. They wanted to eat outside for lunch, but it was too short notice.  We'll try on Thursday.  I was the Mystery Reader for Mrs. E's kindergarten class at lunchtime today. We read the book Grumpy Bird. It's always a fun one to read aloud!  Guaranteed to make you smile (and can push you out of a bad mood).

Our skit went better today too. Some of the 5th graders safety pinned the sheets together, so our caterpillar didn't separate as much.  A few more days of practice and we'll be right as rain!  We were going to practice a second time this morning, but we didn't have enough time.  We're doing standardized tests this week (FAST testing) and I wanted to get through all the read-aloud tests.  Got all but two. And I think everyone improved at least a little since winter.  Tomorrow we're doing the reading test and Thursday will be math.

The book fair is packed up and pick-up is scheduled for tomorrow.  I will be so glad to have this project checked off the list!  I still need to send the overall check to them... Money is always tricky; I want to be sure I'm doing it right.

Today's balloon activity was drink gatorade/juice in class.  No pop. One girl only brought pop because it was all she had.  Oops. I didn't let her drink it.  Tomorrow's activity is: read outside.  If it's nice, maybe we'll do our rounds outside too!  Oh wait, we have FAST testing to do... okay, maybe some of our rounds...

No comments:

Post a Comment