Wednesday, May 10, 2017

#8

Whew, lots of energy today. And hot tempers.  One 5th grader broke down bawling during recess because he got out in GaGa Ball and everyone told him so.  Then there was name-calling and comebacks... and it was just not good.

We have a lot of things due tomorrow since Track and Field day is Friday.  I wrote the list of missing things on the board; it's quite extensive! Miss W is coming to collect the 7-8th graders' things tomorrow over the noon hour.  I printed new copies of their missing worksheets so no one can say they don't have them!

I don't think anyone used marker today. Our day was a bit of a whirlwind.  My kiddos had to be crossing guards and offering takers for chapel today since the 7-8th graders were still gone.  After chapel, we stayed at church to practice our talent show skit.  My camera battery almost died, but it had enough juice to film them so they could see how they looked.  It's coming along!  We should be ready for tomorrow night's performance.

Remember the timer the boys set on the iPad last week to see how high the numbers would go? It's still going.  Today it was at 145 hours.  Next year, the 5th graders want to start the timer the first day of school and see how many hours we get at the end of the year.  I wonder if anyone will remember it next August...

Tomorrow's balloon prize: break the pinatas! I still need to put candy in them. I did hang them up this afternoon.  I suppose I should've just waited and put the candy in them and then hung them up.  Oh well.  I should do it today, knowing me, I wouldn't have time to put candy in tomorrow before school.  Mrs. B invited me over for supper tonight since bible study starts at 6 and there's a Guatemala meeting afterwards at 7:30. It will be a long night, but now I don't have to rush home for supper before bible study!  Last night was a productive one after I got home. I took the plastic off my porch, swept floors, took garbage out, did laundry, ran my dishwasher, and read a book.  Who knew I had that much energy left after a field trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment