Tuesday, May 9, 2017

#9

I smell like sunscreen. Tis the season I suppose!  We had beautiful weather for our field trip today. It was a little windy on the petroglyphs, but overall, nice and sunny and mild.  We had a different tour guide today than in previous years. He was a bit long-winded and didn't seem able to tell when the students got antsy.  Still, I think they all had a good time looking at the carvings. In past years, the guide used a board and a flashlight to make the carvings stand out.  This time, they used a spray bottle of water to darken them up.  It worked pretty well!

Of course bale tag at the farm was the highlight of the trip.  They also enjoyed swinging on the rope up in the haymow and petting the bottle calf.  One girl found a batch of baby kitties up in the haymow! They were super tiny, probably only a few days old (as far as I could tell).  They loved petting the cats as they followed us around the farm.  Surprisingly, the pigs were a huge hit.  There were a few students who would've stood there for a lot longer than I let them.  We didn't see as many peacocks as I thought, though my students were super loud everywhere they went... I'm sure it served as a warning siren.

Tomorrow's balloon activity: use marker all day. One girl asked, "Even on math?"  Sure! I said (we don't have math tomorrow). Someone else caught on to that fact and mentioned it to her.  Then she amended, "But what if I have a math redo or a math assignment to do. Can I still use marker?" Hmm, probably not since Mr. E is very picky when it comes to writing utensils.

I was going to hang up the pinatas after school today, but I helped get props ready for our teacher skit instead. Then I went on a walk with Mrs. B. It would be nice to have the table space again, but it's late enough I think I'll save that for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment