Monday, April 29, 2019

#15- read aloud all morning

Last week I forgot to post on Friday because I was in such a rush to get out of school. I had money from our Lenten suppers to deposit at the bank, which has very limited hours, so I had to duck out quickly! They were having problems with their computer system and couldn't actually put the money in our class account until Monday, but that's fine. While I was there, I asked if my class could tour their vault sometime since we'd been learning about banks lately with our MN history Great Depression unit. They had to check and said they'd call today. We can!

Then I remembered by the time we get back from our field trip, the bank will be closed. But, we are going canoeing Friday, so we can swing by the bank on our way back from Swan Lake. Win, win!

After school today we had our staff meeting and a 'pizza party'. That's code for 'teachers film their Variety Night act'. We did eat pizza too though. It seemed like we filmed a bunch of things, but we still have a bunch to go. Mrs. L's husband is our video producer. He's had some great ideas! It's going to be hilarious... Next Monday we're going to finish up filming just in time for Thursday's Variety Night show! Lots of stuff to get ready before then. Yikes! I can't believe how fast the year is going.

Today was our first balloon countdown activity of the year. We finish our last Fun Jungle book and started another one: Journey to the River Sea by Eva Ibbotson. It's one of my favorites and I've read it aloud in the past. It doesn't sound super glamorous and exciting right off the bat; they have to get hooked first. So the classroom was not as quiet as I would've liked for read-aloud. I let them get caught up on their late work. Some of them have SO many things they haven't turned in. I told them they wouldn't be able to go to the MLC play on Thursday or canoeing on Friday if they still had their name on the board by then. I really hope they get all their work done so I don't have to be the bad guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment