Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Edible Book Festival

Tomorrow is the rescheduled Edible Book Festival (from waaay back in February). We have about 10 entrants, unless there are some last minute additions tomorrow, which there probably will be. People at our school are terrible about sending forms back on the due date.

I figured since I'm hosting the festival, I should have an entry. I didn't come up with a unique idea; I found one online. Actually, I found two. One is the one I did for the Fulda Library festival last summer, "Game of Scones". The other one is "Olive-R Twist"- olives set in the shape of the letter R next to a twisted bread stick. So after bible study tonight I baked scones and bread sticks. The bread sticks are in the last stages of cooking. Whew!

My tongue did a little better today than yesterday. By the end of the day it still gets pretty sore. I actually caved this morning and took a Tylenol. It's long since wore off, but I'm holding off on taking more. If I take more than one, it makes my heart race the next day. Ibuprofen makes my stomach hurt if I have too much, so there's not much medicine I can take without unwanted side-effects. So far the mouth pain is preferable to the other symptoms. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

We did jump roping again today, though not as much as yesterday since a lot of my kiddos had sore legs from all the skipping! They were able to really focus on their books... A group of about six of them were sitting on/around the couch totally absorbed in their books. It made my heart very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment