Monday, April 22, 2019

Back to School

We had school today as a make up day from our snow days. The kids were kind of 'meh' all day. I was kind of 'meh' all day. Some of them asked to see my tongue. It was pretty sore, so I avoided showing them if I could. I speak normally (I think most of them forgot I had tongue surgery over the weekend). I do know I have a lot of mouth therapy ahead of me to stretch the muscle out and to learn to swallow correctly.

Over Easter break, my cousins and I were talking and one of them said something about using jump ropes to get kids to focus more. I discussed it with my class this morning and we decided to try it. Over noon recess, the girls found jump ropes for everyone and passed them out. When they got back from math, we tried jumping for a minute in the gym. It was a bit chaotic, but they did okay. After they got back to the room we talked about my expectations with the jump ropes, so I think it will go better tomorrow when we try it again. I think I should have a jump rope too and jump with them! I love jump ropes and used to be the queen of jumping rope when I was in first grade. 

After school I had a chiropractor appointment to see how my body is after surgery. Nothing too exciting happening with my upper back muscles. My upper neck muscles were more tight than they usually are, so we'll have to work on those. I survived the day of school and all the talking that goes with. My tongue got kind of sore, but it was good to use my tongue so much with speaking. I will be so glad when it's totally healed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment