Monday, April 1, 2019

April Fool's Day

Thankfully, not too many pranks were pulled at school today. Mrs. E got me first... she came in with a foil covered baking tray and asked if I wanted a brownie to start off my day. Of course I said yes! Then she whipped out a brown E and handed it over beaming. YES! Puns are my favorite.

Mr. D tried to get me too. Before school he asked if I had sent in my registration for that teacher conference they were having in Mankato this spring, another one. I didn't get what he was talking about, thinking maybe it had to do with the feedback form for the Young Writers and Artists Conference. Then I remembered it was April Fools Day. 

None of my kiddos tried to pull anything, although the 7th and 8th graders got a little obnoxious with the jokes. They tried the 'Miss H, your shoe's untied!' (I was wearing flats... they tried to pull it on Mr. E two seconds before me, so I didn't fall for it.) and 'Miss H, you have ketchup on your shirt!' (I don't normally eat ketchup).

I got one of my kids pretty good though. We were learning about potential and kinetic energy in physics. One of the girls wanted to know how to spell 'mechanical', but she asked 'how do you spell that?' so I wrote 'THAT' on the board and waited. She looked at me for a while, waiting for me to write more. One of her classmates got it first and laughed. Then I actually wrote 'mechanical' on the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment