Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Jumpin' Jumpin'

Jump roping was a hit today. They found me a rope too, so I jumped! We did a jumping session before we did devotions, then one after religion, and another before lunch, and finally one after math. It's amazing how much energy it takes to jump for a minute or two. My legs got a little shaky and I was out of breath by the third session. We'll all be so strong by the end of the year if we keep this routine up!

It was beautiful weather today, so we jumped outside on the pavement. A lot of people thought we were having a jump rope marathon day or something. I'm hoping we'll be able to keep the enthusiasm for jumping up throughout the rest of the year. I can see a bunch of my kids losing interest after a while. Some of the girls were challenging themselves to see how many jumps they could do in a minute or if they could crisscross their rope or jump backwards.

We also came up with a new end of the day routine and new morning routine adding in the jumping rope so we can hopefully get our day started/ended faster than we do now. The end of the day didn't go as quickly as everyone hoped today. No one wanted to come in from recess. We picked our flexible seats before we left, which should make our morning start faster tomorrow. Normally we choose them in the morning and it always takes a while. Now we should be super fast!

One of the 6th graders really wants to move on to the New Testament in religion class. We just got to Esther. She and I mapped it out and we can probably wrap up the Old Testament by Thursday next week. That's our goal anyway! After school today I mapped out science and social studies for the rest of the year... we're down to 18 days left. It's going to be a crunch. I definitely could use another week of school to cram in another unit, but we're not adding any days on to the end of the year. I'll just have to use the time that I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment