Thursday, January 23, 2020

Bowling

All-school bowling was a hit! It was super fun. A little crazy at first, since everyone needed to get shoes. The people running the bowling alley typed everyone's names in the lanes so the kids didn't have to figure it out. We had made teams prior to arrival, but we had to switch things because some kids were gone. All the teachers ended up bowling too! Mr. E did the best- his second game he scored a 200! I did pretty well myself: a personal high score of 156 on the first game and the second I got 101. 

The Lakefield tournament starts tomorrow afternoon, and it sounds like my classroom will be pretty empty after noon. The girls' game starts at 4pm, so parents want to leave early to get down there in time. Even though most of the class are boys (they play at 5pm), their families go down early to support the girls' team. I will probably only have two students the rest of the afternoon. My plan is to duck out of school early so I can see them play too! A parent is going to trade places with me at 2pm tomorrow and supervise the stragglers (one is her son) so I can leave early. 

In the in between time, they can work on science fair projects, making Valentine's Day cards for soldiers, writing a newspaper article for American history, read a book, and work ahead on memory work, spelling, or handwriting. If all else fails, I can get out some 'building' supplies and we can have mini-STEM lesson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment