Thursday, January 16, 2020

First Snow Day

I did my lesson plans for next week after school today and I am a bit frustrated because we're not going to accomplish much in the afternoon next week... No school Monday because it's the end of the quarter, Tuesday will be normal, but Wednesday is Food Fear Factor with the school nurse (she brings a bunch of funky foods for my kiddos to try, fruits and vegetables mostly). Our nurse is retiring and she's training in the new one (she seems very nice). Word on the street is that she grew up going to a school like ours and her kids all went to one, so she should fit in just fine! I love Food Fear Factor and it really stretches the picky eaters to go out of their comfort zone.

Thursday afternoon we're going bowling as a school. It will be fun, but we leave at noon so we have enough time to get two games in. Then Friday the 5-8th graders get out at noon again for the Lakefield basketball tournament. Only one of my students is not in basketball, so I'm trying to get her parents to pick her up or have her read in Mrs. L's room (which she will happily do) so I can scurry out early and watch their games.

The other thing throwing a wrench in the mix is this big winter storm... It's supposed to start tomorrow morning at 8am and get worse by 11am. Nicollet doesn't have school tomorrow, so it's down to New Ulm to decide to cancel. But they're not going to because it's the end of their term so everyone has finals/exams and they don't want to reschedule. It's the end of our quarter too, but with only half the kids having busing, Mr. E decided to cancel school already. We knew this afternoon he was calling it, so I had my students get as much done as they could. Most of the spelling tests are done, artwork too. Memory work, eh, not so much. They'll have to say it on Tuesday. That means I'm not going to be able to send out report cards until Wednesday at least. But the school board is okay with that since the weather's arrival got bumped up.

My plan for this long weekend is to get caught up on my large stack of books and movies! Maybe I'll bake a little. Correct papers for sure. See if I can venture out on Sunday for church and our annual meeting. I'm glad there's no where specific I need to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment