Friday, January 24, 2020

Early(ish) Out

This afternoon has been a moderately relaxing one. All but five of my students left at/before noon. Three of the remaining worked on their Revolutionary War article while one student read a book and I worked with the fifth one to study memory work. Then between 1-1:20, four of the five got picked up. I've had one student left and he's been quietly working (with a few conversational comments thrown in here and there) while I do end of the week clean up type things. His mom should be here any minute to get him and then I can take off for the basketball games too!

Our day was pretty calm for the first half of the morning. Then it seemed to sink in that they were leaving in a few hours and they got a little stir-crazy. We ended our rounds a little early and did 'would you rather' until lunchtime. It's a sneaky way to get them to think about their opinions and release some energy at the same time. I have them line up in the middle of the room, then go to one side of the classroom or the other to show which opinion they have. They had a great time and want to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment