Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Technology

The IT guys actually came out to school last night! I had called them yesterday morning fed up with my projector turning on but not connecting to my computer. They promised to stop out and work on the cords connecting the two. Of course their track record is not stellar for coming out here when they say they will. But... I had a note on the board from them! And a long black cord snaking across the ceiling from the projector to the wall and across. It's temporary. I hope it will be less 'temporary' than this loaner projector I've had since November. I was only supposed to have it for a week...

In other news, they brought the 1-2nd graders' ipads, which means my class could get the last two laptops we've been waiting on (the 1-2nd graders have been using them while waiting for their devices to be dropped off).

It was a moderately quiet day in 5-6th grade. We were down one boy who was home sick with a sore throat. One of the ones who'd been struggling with sickness yesterday now has laryngitis, so that took another voice out of the equation. Lots of tired kids in my class.

I should get more sleep too. I've been doing great getting up in the morning and being productive at home before I leave for school. Now I need to be better about going to bed on time...

No comments:

Post a Comment