Friday, December 18, 2020

Candy

Did I mention before that our marine friend sent us a box of candy and other goodies from Japan? He's back in California, so he just mailed it from the States. I was hoping we'd be back in person school so we could try the candy all together, but since we're still virtual, I figured I'd try to send some candy home in their packets this Sunday. 

There are a few bags of individually wrapped candy... Chestnut and Sweet Potato flavored KitKats and a few packets of individually wrapped gum. I think. It's kind of hard to tell. So I put one of each flavor KitKat in the 5-6th grade packets. The 7-8th graders got one KitKat to try and a piece of gum. We'll try them on Monday and record our reactions to send to our marine. 

The rest of the candy will wait until we can be together in person. If any kids are still learning from home, I can bag theirs up and send it home. We're doing the same thing with Christmas presents; it's more fun to open them in person.

I gave the kids the instructions NOT TO EAT THE CANDY until class on Monday. One girl said, "Oh, that's only one day. I think I can handle that." One of the 7th grade girls said, "I'm kind of nervous! I have a pretty bad gag reflex..." I don't think the candy will taste disgusting, but it will be interesting nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment