Tuesday, December 1, 2020

NaNo Update

We all passed our goals!!! That makes it NINE years with all my students making their goals. This was probably the hardest NaNo I've had to do. Then again, I say that every year. This year might be the truth though. Not being in school in person drained a lot of the fun out of it. No chart to fill out, no prizes to pass out, no friendly teasing between students about who has more words... 

We discussed that this morning before starting school; the 6th graders agreed. It was hard for them to get motivated to write at home. Three kids waited until the last minute to finish their stories (to be fair, I did too). I finished my last 2000 words at 9:45 and two of them still weren't finished! One said she finished at 10pm the other finished at 11pm. Both said they didn't want to be the first one to break my streak of all students finishing. Whatever it takes to get the job done! 

Final stats:

  • We wrote 47,622 words of our 43,953 goal.
  • The top writer was a 6th grader who wrote 5,243 words.
  • One 7th grader participated and she wrote 13,171.

No comments:

Post a Comment