Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Last Day!

My kids asked if we could get out of class early today, so I came up with the idea to just do all our classes in a row and be done at 10:30. Everyone was fine with that plan, so that's what we did... Well... they convinced me that we should read-aloud longer.

Our book is just getting to some action, so of course they wanted me to keep reading. "It is Christmas after all Miss H!" That and, "We haven't been able to earn marbles since we've been doing virtual, and you know that if we were in school we would probably have a prize by now, so really, we should read-aloud all morning." Good point. We didn't read aloud all morning, but we did read instead of doing English, Reading, and Social Studies. Eh, it's the last day of school before break. If we were in person, we'd be watching a movie and opening presents, so I'm fine with the trade-off.

After school today, the staff met on Zoom to open our presents to each other. Mr. E asked where I was teaching from today. He said my kids always talk about that in math class with him. It's funny because they never ask me where I am. (I taught from Fulda today). My parent's dog whined and barked right outside the window while I taught, and I was sure they could hear it, so I made a comment about it. Mr. E said the class mentioned that to him during math, and that was the only way they knew where I was. 

I had Mr. E as my person. His initials were RS. The only thing I thought of that was a viable possibility was 'ribeye steak' or 'regular spaghetti-os'. So I bought both. I put the meat in the freezer at school and put a note on the spaghetti-o can. I was right! Ribeye steak! He's grilled 240 days in a row. Today will be 241. Glad I can help him keep his streak going.

My letters were AS, art supplies. I got apple sauce, athletic socks, and an apple scent candle. Very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment