Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Wrapping Things Up

Today has been a satisfying day of school... I wrapped up a lot of things that had just a little bit left to do. 

We finished our read-aloud book, Someone Named Eva. There wasn't enough time to start a new book, and I got the feeling that we needed to let the ending of this book settle before picking the one we'll read next. They all agreed; the ending of this book was perfect. So tomorrow we'll pick our next one. I'm debating between switching from historical fiction to realistic fiction. But the two historical fiction books we've read have been so delightful, I might want to find another historical book to read. Maybe A Single Shard. I think they'd like that one.

In 5-6th science/social, we finished the lab from yesterday and finished learning about the aftermath of the MN/Dakota Conflict. The 7-8th graders finished learning about bacteria from Monday and finished the Virus powerpoint. 

Last night I finished correcting the papers I've been procrastinating correcting. I put grades in the gradebook and can send home midterms. There's another round of papers waiting for me at school, so I might wait to print grades until I correct these... Now I'm finishing things up at home, and I'll pop in to school to help a student finish a test from first quarter!

No comments:

Post a Comment