Friday, February 12, 2021

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is a Sunday this year, and with no school on Monday for Presidents' Day, we celebrated today. I kind of forgot about having a party... but my kids remembered to bring in treats regardless. I've noticed the trend is to give each other candy and skip the cards. One of my students gave me a HUGE heart-shaped Russel Stover box. My mouth watered until I picked it up and realized it was not heavy enough for chocolate. Opening the box revealed a tissue-paper wrapped package; he'd given me a scarf with little hearts all over it. Aww! That's just as good as chocolate. Mrs. L said the same thing happened to her! (A younger brother is in her class).

My kids were on the prowl for tokens today. They remembered the gigantic 'diamonds' I have worth 50 tokens. By the end of the day, all three diamonds were claimed. Two kids sorted all the picture books alphabetically and reshelved them. Another did dishes from last week's lab. A few put chapter books back on the shelves and two tidied up the tables and reorganized the games and resource areas of the classroom. 

We finally got our church year chain rehung. Normally we do that at the beginning of school, but with covid I wasn't sure how to manage it without having kids too close to each other. Now, the start of covid was about a year ago, and our leftover chain from last year matches that. Two kids counted colors and links and figured out how many we needed to add to make last year's chain fit this year. The ceiling looks a lot more colorful now!

No comments:

Post a Comment