Thursday, May 19, 2022

2- Use a Beanbag All Day

Holy cow the natives were restless today. Not a great day for read aloud all morning. Today was the only day in the schedule that worked to use their class prize. We're doing read aloud all morning tomorrow as the balloon prize. Now I wish I had split them up more. We only have a few chapters of the read-aloud book left and I'm not sure what to read after that. Something that would only take a few hours to read. Hmm. Pippi Longstocking? Encyclopedia Brown? A Time Warp Trio book? I guess we'll see. 

They were turning in tokens left and right today. Some wanted chew gum coupons or to eat lunch in another classroom tomorrow. A few bought more marbles for the class prize jar. They're gunning for extra recess tomorrow afternoon. Some want a token 'garage sale' tomorrow where they can buy prizes from the prize box with their tokens. We'll see. I think they bought all the good stuff the day we did reading BINGO prizes. 

The 7-8th graders had extra recess today too. We finished our final social studies lesson a few minutes early, and since the majority of them had their spelling turned in, we played gaga ball for the rest of class. Then they made smores with Mr. E. They'd brought supplies along on their class trip and never made any, so Mr. E decided to do it today. One 8th grader snuck up behind me as I sat on the playground bench. He passed me a smore over my shoulder so I couldn't see him and whispered, "Shh, don't tell anyone!" And then disappeared before I could tell who it was. Except I recognized his shirt as he ran back toward the smores-making area. It was delicious. They ended up giving my whole class smores since they had enough ingredients.

It was quite the day for treats! Besides the smores, our lovely volunteer cook brought homemade ice cream dessert for everyone. I saved my piece for later because one of the 5th graders brought high class donuts for the class! Mine was so massive it almost ruined my lunch...

No comments:

Post a Comment