Thursday, May 12, 2022

8- Break Pinatas

Well the pinata breaking was a success when we actually did it. Miss H ended up staying for the whole day, so we bumped her lesson to the afternoon so we could have a normal morning. Then I realized I had her teaching during one of my student's piano lessons! Ugh! So I bumped the piano lesson back a half an hour (taking the place of an 8th grader on his class trip). Then I realized the piano lesson would be at the time I'd planned pinata breaking. Not such a big deal, except the preschoolers were going to watch us smash them and had adjusted their school day accordingly. Sigh. Thankfully the preschool teacher was very flexible.

It turned out the piano kid didn't have his piano lesson because he forgot his books! So we could've kept the schedule. By that time I didn't want to mess with it anymore, so we did a study kahoot for the light/sound science test Friday until the newly agreed upon time.

The pinatas didn't like staying tied to their yarn. Eventually we switched to a baseball pitching style of smashing. My kiddos liked that way even better. So did the preschoolers. They wore the leftover pieces like a hat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment